News

Abrego García’s lawyers ask the judge to order the Trump administration to stop making inflammatory comments about him

Trump administration officials have attacked Kilmar Abrego García “in numerous highly harmful, inflammatory and false statements,” their lawyers said Thursday.

In a judicial presentation, Abrego García’s lawyers asked a court in Tennessee to order all officials of the Department of Justice and the National Security Department that “refrain from making extrajudicial comments that represent a substantial probability of material prejudices” the procedures. “

In July, a judge magistrate in Tennessee who supervises a case in which Abrego García was accused of transporting undocumented migrants within the United States, issued an order that prohibits lawyers in the case to make “extrajudicial statements [that] will be disseminated by public communication. “

Kilmar Abrego García speaks in a demonstration before his registration at the ICE Baltimore field office after a demonstration, in Baltimore Maryland, on August 25, 2025.

Shawn Thew/EPA/Shuttersock

However, in Thursday’s presentation, their lawyers wrote that “numerous government officials have vilified in the media, and these unfounded public attacks have continued even after being accused in this district.”

Abrego García’s lawyers, who said that the previous efforts of the Court and the defense “have not worked,” said the senior government officials “continued their assault” to Abrego García last week, “marking a criminal and promising that he would be quickly eliminated from the United States.”

Earlier this week, after Abrego García was released from custody in Tennessee and then stopped in Baltimore, the secretary of the DHS, Kristi Noem, said: “President Trump will not allow this illegal foreigner, who is a member of the MS-13 gang, trafficker of people, internal abuser in series and children’s preacher, to terrorize the most time.”

The lawyers also pointed out the comments made by President Donald Trump in which he called Abrego García an “animal.”

The Secretary of National Security, Kristi Noem, observes while the president of the United States, Donald Trump, announces that the FIFA 2026 World Cup raffle will be held at the Kennedy Center in December 2025, at the Oval Office of the White House in Washington, on August 22, 2025.

Annabelle Gordon/EPA/Shuttersock

“I think it will be good for the votes and I think it is very bad for the votes,” Trump said Monday at the Oval office. “These people are upset. It is not good for the votes.”

Abrego García’s lawyers said that “a greater intervention of the court is necessary to protect the right of their client to a fair trial.

“If the Government is allowed to continue in this way, contaminate any group of jury conceivable by exposing the entire country to irrelevant, harmful and false statements about Mr. Abrego,” their lawyers said.

In a statement to ABC News, a DHS official said: “If Kilmar Abrego García did not want to be mentioned by the Secretary of National Security, then he should not have entered our country illegally and committed heinous crimes.”

The statement continued to say: “Once again, the media are falling to defend this illegal criminal member of the MS-13 gang that is an alleged trafficker of people, a domestic abuser and child predator. The sympathetic narrative of the media about the sympathetic narrative about this illegal criminal alien and has not completely fallen, but they continue to ask for their sob.

Abrego García, a Salvadoran native who had been living in Maryland with his wife and children, was deported in March to the Mega Prison of El Salvador, despite a 2019 court order that except for his deportation to that country due to fear of persecution. The Trump administration said he was a member of the MS-13 criminal gang, that his family and lawyers deny.

Kilmar Abrego García, attends an event with the followers, since it appears for a Check-in in the Ice Baltimore field office three days after his release of criminal custody in Tennessee, in Baltimore, Maryland, on August 25, 2025.

Elizabeth Frantz/Reuters

He was taken back to the United States in June to face charges in Tennessee. He declared himself innocent.

After returning to Maryland last weekend and being arrested by the immigration authorities once again, the Trump administration said it would try to deport Uganda.

A federal judge in Maryland has blocked the deportation of Abrego García until at least October while his lawyers seek to reopen their immigration case and seek asylum.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

eighteen + six =

Back to top button